Link to the related website that has useful info: the Age of Nelson.

This forum is devoted to the Royal Navy during the Revolutionary and Napoleonic Wars (1793 - 1815).
And why not the other navies of the period?
To avoid spam, you must register to be able to post - it's free.

FAQ         Register         Profile         Search         Log in to check your private messages         Log in
Help wanted - New member!
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.ageofnelson.org Forum Index -> Age of Nelson

View previous topic :: View next topic  
PMarione
Site Admin

Post Posted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's very good.

There is not many copies left!
johns

Post Posted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers Patrick! I will have to get on to it ASAP
kate.holt

Post Posted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 10:37 pm    Post subject: John Clavell Reply with quote

Hello John,

I am very interested in your posts regarding John Clavell. He is thought to be an ancestor of my friend, whose maiden surname was Clavell, but I do not have the actual family tree to say just how he is related to her. I am studying the man for the purpose of writing an essay for a Family History course, and as he is thought to be related to my friend I am also persuing him in a bit more detail than is actually needed for the assignment.
Your information has given me alot more to think about and I hope to be able to request a photocopy from the Dorset Record Office, sounds too good to pass by!

I have just got back form Corfu and I spent alot of time looking over the balcony watching the ships leave the port at Corfu town, and thinking of John almost capturing the island.....

The Ayshford trafalgar roll also sounds very interesting , as you say a physical description of him would be wonderful.

Just to show my ignorance again, "his third daughter, Jane Newham Collingwood..." Am I right in presuming her surname would still be Clavell?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.ageofnelson.org Forum Index -> Age of Nelson All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2