Link to the related website that has useful info: the Age of Nelson.

This forum is devoted to the Royal Navy during the Revolutionary and Napoleonic Wars (1793 - 1815).
And why not the other navies of the period?
To avoid spam, you must register to be able to post - it's free.

FAQ         Register         Profile         Search         Log in to check your private messages         Log in
Welcome to the age of Nelson forum
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.ageofnelson.org Forum Index -> Age of Nelson

View previous topic :: View next topic  
PMarione
Site Admin

Post Posted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 4:12 pm    Post subject: Welcome to the age of Nelson forum Reply with quote

Here is the place to discuss all the aspects of the Navies of the period.

The "great war" as it was known during the 19th century has forged the Europe of today.
The seamen of France, Spain, Holland, Danemark, Portugal and the British Isles have given their lives for their country with the same courage.

Thank you for your interest.

Bored of having to ban spammers every day, I have modified the registration process.
See the "How to register" topic.

@+ P Marione

Last edited by PMarione on Fri Jul 20, 2007 12:15 pm; edited 8 times in total
stormy

Post Posted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Patrick,

Congratulations from Canada.

Fair winds
Paul
PMarione
Site Admin

Post Posted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 5:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, Paul.

I hope to read interesting discussions soon.

@+P
alexlitandem

Post Posted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 1:33 pm    Post subject: Test Reply with quote

Patrick this is a test post.

Rolling Eyes
Peter

Post Posted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 9:36 am    Post subject: Age of Nelson Reply with quote

Hello Patrick,

Congratulations on your new forum, I hope there will not be to much swooning, and Jane Austen.

Peter
chasbaz

Post Posted: Thu May 03, 2007 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Patrick,
I too hope for interesting discussions in this subject area.

I am a new arrival and I am sorry that somehow my registering opened the door to a flood of spam - how this occurred is a mystery.

I agree with Peter - as someone who has been doing serious research on the period for 10 years I see nothing but 'swooning' and 'sprig muslin' websites.

To introduce myself, I am at present writing a web-bio of my gggggfr Louis Bazalgette. This is very much a work in progress (pretty slow progress I might add) - for insomniacs the URL is:
http://www3.telus.net/public/chasbaz/jlb.htm

However, I have been drawn into starting to research the life of Louis' son and my ggggfr, Joseph William Bazalgette, R.N., which accounts for my obsession, at this late stage in my life, with all things nautical. Joseph was in the Royal Navy from 1796 to 1814, so he is right in period.

Apart from extensive family history data about him I have an extract from O'Byrne's Naval Biographies, so I know what ships he served on and mostly their commanders, which included John Willett Payne, Edward Pellew, John MacKellar, John Watson, Charles Adam, Anselm John Griffiths, Henry Blackwood and Josias Rowley. I am researching the careers of these men and starting to gather ship information from muster rolls and officers' logs. I expect it to be a very long haul, and will be grateful for any help and encouragement. In return I hope to share some of the bits of information that I discover along the way.

Best wishes,
Charles Bazalgette
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.ageofnelson.org Forum Index -> Age of Nelson All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1