Link to the related website that has useful info: the Age of Nelson.

This forum is devoted to the Royal Navy during the Revolutionary and Napoleonic Wars (1793 - 1815).
And why not the other navies of the period?
To avoid spam, you must register to be able to post - it's free.

FAQ         Register         Profile         Search         Log in to check your private messages         Log in
Symposium
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.ageofnelson.org Forum Index -> Age of Nelson

View previous topic :: View next topic  
PMarione
Site Admin

Post Posted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 5:55 pm    Post subject: Symposium Reply with quote

We are now inviting bookings for the forthcoming FOURTH SYMPOSIUM ON SHIPBUILDING AND SHIPS ON THE THAMES

which is to be held at the MUSEUM IN DOCKLANDS
LONDON, E14
On Saturday, 28th February 2009

The Fourth in the series of Symposia on Shipbuilding and Ships on the Thames has now been organised and will take place on 28th February 2009. The venue for this Fourth Symposium is to be the Museum in Docklands at West India Quay, London E.14. As before, this Symposium will be co-chaired by Professor Andrew Lambert of the War Studies Dept. of King‚s College, and Professor Sarah Palmer of the Greenwich Maritime Institute.

The same format will be followed as that previously adopted, comprising ten individual papers on various aspects (both naval and mercantile) of maritime history, presented by their authors. A final list of the ten papers will be available in due course, but the provisional list of authors includes (alphabetically): Ian Buxton, Chris Ellmers, Richard Endsor, Roy Fenton, Damian Goodburn, Duncan Hawkins, Ian Johnston, Andrew Lambert, Carlos Alfaro Zafortega. The tenth author is not yet confirmed, but as a Œreserve‚ there is a paper by myself on the early Thorneycroft vessels at Chiswick.

You may know from previous experience of these Symposia that the proceedings will be of extremely high quality. A consolidated volume of the papers will be published subsequent to the event.

We are extremely grateful to the Museum in Docklands for providing the venue for this event, as well as the technical back-up for audio-visual presentations. Their generosity means that the registration charge for the day‚s event will be £20 per person where paid before 25th December 2008 (fees paid after Christmas will be £25 per person). This fee will include refreshments available on arrival and at mid-morning and mid-afternoon intermissions, but not lunch; however, the Museum does have its own excellent restaurant and café available on the day, and there are alternative eating-places in the immediate vicinity, as well as adequate parking facilities (please see the Museum‚s website for more complete details). The Museum is fully accessible and compliant with disability legislation (including audio loop), and includes the provision of disability parking spaces.

If you would now like to register for this event in order to confirm your place, please contact me and I will happily email you a downloadable registration form for this purpose. I will be happy to answer any questions you may have (my contact details are at the top of this page). Please don‚t forget to put the event into your 2009 diary! I would of course equally appreciate your advice if you will not be able to attend, so that we can make the place available to others.

Regards,

Rif Winfield

Please reply to:
Tanparcau,
Llanrhystud,
Ceredigion
SY23 5AL

Phone: 0(044) 1974 202783
Email: sailing.navy@btinternet.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.ageofnelson.org Forum Index -> Age of Nelson All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1